New Website & Several Events in the Works!
We have been a bit quiet, so we wanted to provide a brief update: the Cultures Capsules team has been hard at work behind the scenes:
- overhauling the website,
- creating a video clip of our events,
- planning more events (quick teaser: Nigerian home-cooked feast, a fundraiser for children in Yemen… and …)
… and of course eating well, to fuel ourselves! The photo above is Nasi Lemak with Shrimp Sambal from one recent and delicious lunch. Not pictured are the fried anchovies served alongside, providing a bit of extra crunch and flavor. YUM.
In the meantime, try out a DIY Cultures Capsules from the archive. May we suggest:
- a virtual trip to the Syrian Brunch table of the Soufi family in Toronto,
- some home-style, comfort-food Israeli Brunch feast & tunes,
- or if you’re mourning the end of the ski season, create your own apres ski experience by making chili in a bread bowl, put on those slope-side tunes?
And as always, you can stay connected and share back your version of the posted Cultures Capsules via the below social buttons.